- Garner Lake is for the exclusive use of the property owners in Lakeland Estates, East Shores, Windward Slopes, The Preserve, Long Landing, and The Pointe subdivisions.
- Guests of lake residents can use the lake only when accompanied by residents.
- Trespassers are subject to arrest and prosecution.
- The lake ranger has the authority to enforce the rules of Garner Lake. Violators and those who behave dangerously or create a nuisance or annoyance may lose lake privileges for a time determined by LMA.
- Underage consumption of alcohol and use of illegal drugs are not tolerated.
- Residents and guests should refrain from creating loud noises on the water, especially after 10 pm as sound carries over water.
- Everyone is asked to help keep our lake clean. Please secure garbage, pick up drifting litter, and dispose of nothing in the lake.
- Residents and guests use the lake at their own risk. Lake Management Association, Garner Lake Association, subdivision associations, and lake residents assume no responsibility for accidents or other harm and shall be held harmless from any that might occur from use of the lake.
- Boats must be the property of lot owners and display a current LMA sticker.
- Boat motors cannot be more than 15 hp.
- Pre-schoolers and non-swimmers must wear size-appropriate flotation devices
- Water-skiing and pulling on floats is not allowed.
- Boaters should maintain a reasonable distance from fishermen and swimmers and a minimum distance of 25 ft from shore, seawalls, and docks when cruising.
- Boaters should minimize wakes in coves.
- Sailboats have the right-of-way.
- All boats including kayaks must have a visible light on after dusk.
- Boats should not run with docking lights (headlights) on as they are blinding to oncoming boats.
- Boat ramps are for use of residents only and should be chained closed between uses.
- Boat trailers and vehicles must be returned to the owner’s lot as soon as the boat is launched.
- Boats should be secured soundly between uses and tie-off lines regularly inspected. (The ranger cannot retrieve drifting boats.)
- The lake may not be used for swim meets, triathlons, etc., nor be used for group training for such events.
- Swimming after dark is dangerous and strongly discouraged. Night swimmers must be accompanied within 10 ft by a lighted boat or by illuminated markers.
- Swimming is not allowed after dark the night of the July 4th fireworks.
- Fishing from boats is permitted in the entire lake. There is no minimum distance restriction from shore or seawall.
- Residents with identification are permitted to fish from the bank at boat launches and common areas.
- Guests may fish from a boat or bank only when accompanied by residents.
- Fishing is not permitted from the dam.
- Jug fishing and trot-line fishing are not permitted.
- Creel limits per day are: 15 bass with no more than one bass 14″-16″ in length and no more than one bass 16″ or longer; 10 bream of any length, 25 catfish of any length, 15 crappie of any length. (The lake is currently “bass crowded” and the removal of bass under 12″ is encouraged.)
All boats must display a current decal from Lake Management Association. Decals can be purchased by property owners for $10 each from Lake Management Association, 6510 Stage Rd #1, Bartlett, TN 38134 (901 388-9176). Please include your phone number with your check in the event they need to reach you. The Pointe decals may be purchased from The Pointe Homeowners Association. Decals are for the exclusive use of residents and may not be sold, loaned, gifted. rented, or leased to non-residents. Rules of Garmer Lake may be updated, revised or changed as deemed necessary and prudent.
Our lake ranger, Officer Robby Beard, can be reached at (901) 218-8840.