- Garner lake is for the exclusive use of lot owners in Lakeland Estates, East Shores, Windward Slopes, The Preserve, Long’s Landing and The Pointé subdivisions.
- Guests of lake residents may use the lake only when accompanied by residents.
- Trespassers are subject to arrest and prosecution.
- The Lake Rangers have the authority to enforce the RULES OF GARNER LAKE. Violators and those who behave dangerously or create a nuisance or annoyance may lose lake privileges for a time determined by GLM.
- Underage consumption of alcohol and use of illegal drugs are not tolerated.
- Residents and guests should refrain from creating loud noises on the water, especially after 10:00 pm as sound carries over water.
- Everyone is asked to help keep our lake clean. Please secure garbage, pick up drifting litter, and dispose of nothing in the lake.
- No dock, seawall or other construction in the lake can commence without the written approval of Garner Lake Management. Docks can extend no farther than 16 feet into the lake and can be no larger than 320 square feet of total deck space, determined by adding all decks and walkways surrounding any boat slips. There will be no second decks, canopies or roofs. Seawalls will be built as close to current shorelines as possible unless it can be proven that the property in question extends farther into the lake.
- Nothing, including fish cover may be put into the lake without written permission by GLM.
- Residents and guests use the lake at their own risk. Garner Lake Management, Garner Lake Homeowners Association, subdivision associations and lake residents assume no responsibility for accidents or other harm and shall be held harmless from any that might occur from use of the lake.
- Boats must be the property of lot owners and display a current GLM boat sticker.
- Boat motors cannot be more than 15hp. Larger motors will be removed from the lake at boat owner’s expense.
- Preschoolers and other non-swimmers must wear size-appropriate flotation devices.
- Water skiing and pulling on boards and floats is not allowed.
- Jet skis, powered surfboards and similar vehicles are not allowed.
- Boaters should maintain a reasonable distance from fishermen and swimmers and a minimum distance of 25 feet from shore, seawalls and docks when cruising.
- Boaters should minimize wakes in coves.
- Sailboats have the right of way.
- All boats, including kayaks must have a visible light on after dusk.
- Boats should not run with docking lights (headlights) on as they are blinding to oncoming boats.
- Boat ramps are for use by residents only and should be chained closed and locked between uses.
- Boat trailers and vehicles must be returned to the owner's lot as soon as the boat is launched.
- Boats should be secured soundly between uses and tie-off lines regularly inspected. (The lake ranger does not retreive drifting boats.)
- The lake may not be used for swim meets, triathlons, etc., nor be used for group training for such events.
- Swimming after dark is dangerous and strongly discouraged. Night swimmers must be accompanied within 10 feet by a lighted boat or by illuminated markers.
- Swimming is not allowed after dark the night of the July 4thFireworks.
- Scuba diving is not allowed in the lake.
- Fishing from boats is permitted in the entire lake. There is no minimum distance restriction from shore or seawalls.
- Residents with identification are permitted to fish from the bank at boat launches and common areas.
- Guests may fish from a boat or bank only when accompanied by residents.
- Fishing is not permitted from the dam.
- Jug fishing and trot-line fishing are not permitted.
- Creel limits per day are: 15 bass, between 13”& 15” in length, and no more than one bass 15” in length or longer; 10 bream of any length; 25 catfish of any length; No limit on crappie of any length. (The lake is currently “bass & crappie crowded” and the removal of all bass under 13” and all crappie is encouraged.)
- Any grass carp caught must be returned to the lake immediately.
Lake boat decals can be purchased by property owners for $10 each from Garner Lake Management (901) 388-9176. Please include your phone number with your check in the event we need to reach you. Decals and rights to use the lake are for the exclusive use of residents and may not be sold, loaned, gifted, rented or leased to non-residents. Rules of Garner Lake may be updated, revised or changed as deemed necessary and prudent.
Our Lake Rangers (call or text):
Brian Hale (901) 229-6744 Chris Murphy (901) 486-3296 Jonny Filsinger (901) 417-1820